Sunday 2 August 2009

WEEK 8

"Week Eight: Baby is about 8-11 mm now. "
Felt like the Big Brother prensenter! I should be getting really dull then:(
Four weeks ago when I first found out that I was pregnant, I went through all the 40 weeks at once trying to grasp what's gonna happen next. So now each week all I can do is reading about the week I am in and I can almost read the same thing over and over again:)
As I do not have the opportunity to see a doctor whenever I want unless there is a problem, all I can do is to read about what's normally going on inside there.
As an optimist, I feel lucky to have the opportunity to have access to this enormous size of information. It is kind of an industry: Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting. Numerous forums, images and videos. Sometimes you feel like you can learn everthing online! Sometimes I feel that doctors are not comfortable with this since not every bit of information is correct or how it applies to you. This is how I felt when I see a doctor in Turkey. I wonder if they see medical web pages, online consulting as a competitor?
As far as I can see, in the UK they almost encourage people to do everything online. Check NHS web page, call NHS Direct etc. Well, it's a no brainer, they just want to cut the costs and let doctors to deal with serious stuff as much as possible.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to having my first antenatal visit on 4th of September just by the end of 13th week. Phew, not so much is left:)

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend whose due is next week went to see the hospital room and she was shocked with what she saw: a third star equivalent room with only two days permission to stay. She was telling this story to us and one woman who is Canadian said isn't it normal? Well this opens a whole new question? What is normal?

    ReplyDelete