Sunday 16 August 2009

Summer Time

Weekends come and go and another "summer(!)" is almost finished. This was the first summer we spent in the UK since I started living here.
In 2007 we were in Turkey for two weeks in July, travelling all around the country with the joy and enthusiasm of meeting our families for the first time after I moved into the UK. Almost 5 major destinations in 14 days.. It was quite exhausting and neither us nor our families enjoyed it fully as we had to plan about our next destination and did not have the time to chillax. (my new favourite combo chill + relax=chillax)
Last year we were away for two weeks in June in Ankara and in southern France (Cote de Azur) for 10 days in August. And I presume these 10 days in France made it possible for us to bear Scottish summer. To tell the truth I was not totally aware that it was a highly memorable holiday.
Towards the end of winter we decided to go somewhere warmer and also make use of the bank holidays. So ended up in Barcelona during the Easter break. Our holiday was enhanced by the existence of our mums travelled all the way up to here.
When you enjoy doing something, you want to do it again and again! That's how we ended up in Paris by the end of May. Oh, it was really fun!.. Paris is a great city (I can say it's my number one currently) but what made our getaway this fun was actually our friends. (Need to plan another one soon!)
So, that's how we managed to survive until now despite "summer". I need to stop checking the weather forecast and be prepared for rain everyday. I need to stop expecting temperatures above 18 C degrees. I need to stop imagining wearing my sandals, shorts and t-shirts at all..
Anyway, although I may sound like I am complaining about the weather, that's not true:p
What if I had to be at 30 somethings with my everyday inflating tummy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment