Friday 25 December 2009

X-mas Lunch

I haven't had the opportunity to mention about my recent cooking adventures here yet; but getting prepared for the xmas lunch was mostly due to my new enthusiasm for trying new recipes (recipes are not new, they are just new to me:)).
We did not have any guests, so I was quite relaxed for the menu. I decided to go with a turkey leg. I know there's nothing fancy about roasting a turkey leg; but as it was my first attempt to cook turkey it was exciting for both of us. Maybe, one day we'll have the whole family together and I'll be cooking a whole turkey:)
Anyway, here comes the menu (not quite a festive food but it's healthy and yummy:)):
- Roasted Turkey Leg
- Rice with Pine nuts & Currants (Ic Pilav without the chicken liver as it's not good for me at the moment)
- Celeriac cooked in olive oil
- Stuffed vine leaves (OK, I won't be lying to you, this was readily made and frozen by my mum and all I had to do was cooking it)
-Chocolate soufflé (Here comes another confession it was readily made by Gu:) You do not expect me to cook every single item from scratch, right!)
At least, I have some evidence within the pictures.


2 comments:

  1. :))) you should pay more attention what your mother says all time

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this a tip for the baby boy or for me?

    ReplyDelete