Sunday 8 November 2009

It's a Boy!!



It has been so long since my last post and so much has happened that it will take some time to catch up with you. Anyway, we have been on holiday in Turkey for three weeks and it's my excuse.

We had our doctor's appointment on Oct 3. As my pregnancy was diagnosed as low risk, I have not been to an obstetrician until that time here in the UK. It was just the dating scan by the 13th week, blood and urine tests and midwife's examination. So, decided to see my obstetrician during the holiday.

Despite feeling all right, you become nervous and start thinking of all the bad things can happen right before the scan. This time, we were all quite excited as we were going to find out about the gender of the baby. I did not have any kind of instinct or guestimations or such whether it'd be a boy or a girl. Some mum-2bs say so. Almost everybody except my dear hubby wished it to be a girl. I don't know why maybe they think baby girls are prettier, you can buy various accessories etc.

The doctor began the scan identifiying the number of fingers on his hands and feet and came to a pause at some point. He told us that there was something which was not desired to be there. Everybody in the room became curious and worried and asked what it was.

Oh, it was my little boy's willy:)

Until that time I always believed that it was good and practical to learn about the gender before the baby is born. It is really difficult to translate my feelings into words. But I felt as if something magical has been disturbed. I think I would do the same if I were to have another baby just for practicality (being able to decide on the colours is really nice).
Finding out about the gender, everybody is asking about the name. Human nature:) We decided to not to tell anybody until the baby is born even if we were to decide on the name. It will be a surprise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment